Welcome to AAII
Academic Applications International traces its academic legacy to the founding of Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech by action of the Board of Visitors in 1968. AAII’s corporate lineage began a decade later when State Corporation Commission registration was obtained in 1979. By its 38th anniversary in 2017, AAII will have transitioned almost completely to web-based modes of communication for the support of collaboration worldwide.
AAII seeks to advance both the academic and the academic application aspects of Systems Thinking, Engineering, and Analysis (STEA), sometimes informally called STEM for grownups. Collaboration is underway with academically inclined individuals, academic institutions, professional and private enterprises, and public agencies based on mutual interest in advancing STEA “know how” for application within “know what” domains.
The main purpose of this web site is to showcase and offer selected academic and technical materials that may be of value for use by individuals at no cost. Access to these materials for instructional use is available at low cost.
Our objective is to generate the best possible client value by providing the following products and services, both in person and on-line:
- SE Academic Program Development
- Applied SE Research and Development
- Academic and Technical SE Publications
- SE Instructional and Consulting Services
We strive to provide the best possible academic application value through:
- Design for Operational Effectiveness
- Supportability Engineering and Management
- Life-Cycle Costing and Design for Affordability
- Logistics Engineering and Management
- Engineering Process Development